COVID-19 Update to Less-Than-Truckload Customers
COVID-19 LTL Update
We hope you and your families are safe and healthy during this challenging time.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact us all on a personal level as well as within our organizations. These unprecedented times have resulted in many modifications to the way we do business.
Our focus on safety goes beyond equipment and facilities, as we strive to protect the health and safety of our employees, their families, our customers and everyone else we encounter daily. Our employees have been following local, state and CDC guidelines regarding hand washing, physical distancing and using personal protective equipment, including face masks. We’ve also implemented strict pickup-and-delivery protocols, closed and sanitized service centers to guarantee a safe and hygienic workplace, and made sure ill employees, or those who’ve potentially been exposed, take the proper time off to care for themselves and their loved ones. These are critical actions that XPO has and will continue to carry out.
Unfortunately, these measures are resulting in interruptions to our day-to-day operations. And for this, we apologize. Our goal is always to provide the level of service performance you need for your business and your customers. Please know that we are committed to providing reliable service levels and all our employees are working together to deliver for you consistently every day.
We appreciate the trust you place in XPO Logistics to safely manage your LTL transportation needs.
With some states introducing more relaxed guidelines and businesses beginning to plan for phased reopening, we're optimistic that the economy will begin to recover.
At XPO Logistics, we're here for you. We're ready to serve all your LTL needs with available capacity to handle increased freight demand as well as the following preventative measures and enhanced protocols to maintain safe and reliable service to our customers:
- No-contact pickup and delivery service is available
- Increased site sanitization standards implemented for our service centers and equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment provided to our front-line employees to keep them safe as well as protect our customers
- Social distancing guidelines that are adhered to at all our sites and service centers
- Daily monitoring to ensure all staff are healthy
View printable info on Contactless Delivery.
Please contact your local service center to discuss your specific safety requirements for pickup and delivery at your facility.
Please review our FAQs for information on possible shipment impacts.
If my local service center closes, how will I get assistance?
Shipment details such as status, shipment documents, rate quotes and pickup requests can be managed online at LTL.xpo.com. If a service center closes, the phones will be routed to another call center. For urgent needs, please call (800) 755-2728 or email LTLccg@xpo.com.
What if my location or my customer’s location closes and is not able to receive freight?
Customers are encouraged to call their local service center to provide disposition for freight that cannot be delivered. In the absence of customer instructions to disposition the shipment, we’ll follow the below process.
If the consignee cannot receive freight within two days after an attempted delivery:
- The shipment will be held at the service center for two days without incurring storage fees.
- After two days, delivery will be attempted again; no redelivery or storage charges will apply.
- After the second delivery attempt, Tariff 199 rules or customer-specific rules will apply for shipments held beyond the second attempt. The delivery service center will bill the accessorial or submit corrections.
If the consignee is not receiving shipments for an indefinite period: Customers are encouraged to update us regarding new operational schedules or requirements. There’s a survey or you can call your local service center.
We’ll obtain disposition from shipper and/or redelivery instructions from consignee.
- Applicable freight charges and storage charges will apply, as provided by tariff or customer-specific agreement.
- If shipper and/or consignee refuses to provide disposition within 12 days from the date of the final notice, we’ll pursue salvage procedures.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to communicate with XPO regarding disposition of shipments so we can ensure they’re managed according to your needs.
Who do I notify if an XPO employee has potentially been exposed to COVID-19 while picking up or delivering at my facility?
Please contact your local service center manager and provide details regarding the exposure.
What’s the best way to stop or reconsign my shipment until my customer is available?
Contact your local service center to discuss your request or email us at LTLccg@xpo.com for diversion or reconsignment requests.
Will transit times be impacted if a service center closes?
Freight will be re-routed. While some delays are possible, we’ll do everything possible to meet transit times. Customers can track shipments at LTL.xpo.com. You can also create email shipment notifications by PRO# or for all shipments at a location so you have status visibility
What if the consignee refuses to sign the delivery receipt?
We have a No Contact Delivery process. While a signed delivery receipt (DR) is preferred, if the consignee prefers not to sign due to social distancing, the driver will indicate as such on the DR and deliver the freight. The consignee will have the option to take photos of the shipment while it’s still in the trailer. Please contact your sales account executive to establish a No Contact agreement.